We have posted a new course schedule
that reflects the recent shuffling of lectures
Readings for Tomorrow's Class Changed
Due to some rearrangement of the order of material,
we have updated the readings for tomorrow's class.
Chapter 12 has been replaced with the two papers mentioned
in yesterday's lecture. See Handout 11 for details.
Hints and Clarifications for B2 on Pset 2
For part (a), include in your skeleton only the vertexes
associated with failure-free runs.
For part (b), after labeling the three faces, as asked by part (a),
choose an interior point and label it with the appropriate initial value
vector. Consider the tiny simplex consisting of this point and
two of its neighbors. Describe in high-level words the
difference between the three runs labeling the three vertexes.
New Problem Set Formatting Rules
Starting with problem set 2, we ask that
you follow the revised formatting rules:
- Hand in two copies. One will be used as a back-up,
the other will be distributed to the graders.
- Hand in each problem on a separate page(s).
- Put your name and the problem number on every piece of
paper you hand in.
- If you skip a problem, still hand in a page that says
"I skipped the problem."
- You can staple individual problems. But don't staple
together different problems. (We divide your psets by problem
As always, e-mail me
if you have questions.
Modification to Problem 2 From Pset 1.b
You can assume that the edge weights in the graph
are positive. (The book assumes only non-negative
weights.) Of course, if you already have an answer for non-negative
edge weights, it will work for positive weights as well.
Cancel Problem 5 From Pset 1.b
You do not have to complete problem 5 from
part b of the first problem set.
(We didn't get far enough in class today.)
Sign-Up for HW Grading
Consult the Grader Assignment
Choose a problem set that still needs graders.
with your choice to sign-up to grade that assignment.
E-mail to Join Class Mailing List
to join the class mailing list.
First Day of Class on Tuesday
The first day of class is Tuesday, 2/5.
We meet at 11 AM in room 4-149.
|Pset ||Grading Period ||Graders
|1 ||2/21 to 2/25 ||5/5
|2 ||3/6 to 3/10 ||5/5
|3 ||3/20 to 3/24 ||5/5
|4 ||4/10 to 4/14 ||4/5
|5 ||4/24 to 4/28 ||4/5
|6 ||5/8 to 5/12 ||3/5
|7 ||5/15 to 5/19 ||0/5
- Course Information [PDF]
- Course Schedule [PDF]
- Supplementary Reading List [PDF]
- Problem Set 1, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 1, Part b [PDF]
- Problem Set 2, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 2, Part b [PDF]
- Introduction to Tempo Toolkit [PDF]
- Problem Set 3, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 3, Part b [PDF]
- Problem Set 4, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 4, Part b [PDF]
- Problem Set 5, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 5, Part b [PDF]
- Revised Course Schedule [PDF]
- Problem Set 6, Part a [PDF]
- Problem Set 6, Part b [PDF]
- Problem Set 7 [PDF]