Introduction to iPhone Development
|What||A one-week course in iPhone SDK Development|
|When||Monday January 11 - Friday January 15, 2009 |
2:00 - 4:00 PM
|Sign Up / Contact||Edward Benson Follow @edwardbenson|
Interested in iPhone application development? Want to become a mobile entrepreneur? Learn to write iPhone Applications using Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch framework! The goal of this class is to get you through the learning curve of iPhone development: to give you the confidence and knowledge you need to branch out on your own. Topics we will cover include:
- XCode and Debugging
- Cocoa Touch View and Controller Classes
- Interface Builder and Application Flow
- Fetching and Storing Data: disk, database, and web services
By the end of the week you will have written your own native iPhone application.
- Application development experience in any language.
- Experience with C-Style memory management (highly recommended but not required)
- An Intel Mac to bring to class (highly recommended but not required)
Before Coming to Class
- Sign up for a free Apple Developer Connection account.
- Download and install the latest version of XCode if you don't already have it.
- Download and install the iPhone SDK.
Everything we will do in this class will be on the iPhone simulator: you do not need an iPhone or a paid developer account with Apple.
|Monday||Introduction and a crash-course in Objective-C|
|Tuesday||Interface Builder, Rock Paper Scissors|
|Wednesday||Modals, Tables, Tabs, and Navigation|
|Thursday||Preferences, PLists, and CoreData|
|Friday||Alerts, Delegates, and Web APIs|
RPS Leader Board and Course Feedback