6.857: Computer and Network Security (Spring 2019)
Lectures are on Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00am-12:30pm, in 54-100. Recitations are on Fridays 11:00am-12:00pm in 54-100.
Prerequisites: 6.033 and 6.042; 6.006 (or 6.046) is also recommended. See course information handout for details.
Andrew He, Mon 3-4:30pm (Room: 24-317)
Sean Fraser, Wed 4-5:30pm (Room: 24-317)
Leo de Castro, Thur 4-5:30pm (Room: 24-323)
There are no required textbooks. The following few might be useful, though:
- Jonathan Katz and Yehuda Lindell. Introduction to Modern Cryptography 2ed. CRC Press, 2014. Author's website (including errata). $101 on Amazon.
- Niels Ferguson, Bruce Schneier, and Tadayoshi Kohno. Cryptography Engineering. Wiley, 2010. Author's website. $35 on Amazon.
- Christof Paar and Jan Pelzl. Understanding Cryptography. Springer, 2010. Authors' Website. $35 on Amazon. This is available as an e-book from MIT libraries.
- Nigel Smart. Cryptography Made Simple. Springer, 2016. Springer e-book. The PDF of the text book is provided for free for MIT students.
- Jean-Philippe Aumasson. Serious Cryptography: A Practical Introduction to Modern Encryption. No Starch Press, 2017. $33 on Amazon.
These books are on reserve at the MIT Libraries. Again, you're not required to purchase them.
A course information handout and a syllabus will be available on the first day of class.