"The videos were helpful in selecting candidates - I was impressed with how the students were able to come to the point about technical topics in such a short video, without getting lost in the details. I liked the videos that conveyed personality as well." - IBM Hiring Manager
IBM Research is interviewing on MIT campus the week of Oct 23, 2017 for full-time positions and internships, and has reserved at least two of these slots for students currently in 6.UAT (any academic year). This tradition with 6.UAT started last year, and one of the interviewed 6.UAT students received an offer!
To be considered, prepare a 2-3 minute spiel introducing both yourself and a technical project you worked on (focus on the latter). If you talk about a group project, make sure you make clear what your personal contribution was. Also remember that your audience is IBM, so adjust your 6.UAT assignments accordingly.
You can either:
- Email your video & resume (both as file attachments) by 6pm on Oct 12. Make sure you include your email address in the name of both files (such as "email@example.com" and "firstname.lastname@example.org"), so IBM can contact you!
- Physically go to IBM's open house on Oct 12, anytime from 6-9pm (shuttles from 77 Mass Ave begin at 5:40pm). There will be a room reserved for 6.UAT where you can give your spiel live (they will record it). Make sure to bring a copy of your resume! If there's no one waiting to go after you, you can also ask any questions you may have.
After the event, a hiring manager will watch all videos and choose whom to invite to interview (taking into account any first impressions you may have made at the live event).
This is a great opportunity to use those 6.UAT skills!
FYI, the areas of interest for IBM Research include:
- HCI & Augmented Intelligence
- Tools & Methods
- Cloud Computing
- Health Informatics & Computational Biology
- Quantum Computing
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Accelerators & System Acceleration
- Knowledge Extraction & Representation, Reasoning
- Cyber Security & Privacy
- Data Science & Solutions
- Advanced Semiconductor Technology & Devices
- Advanced Analytics
- Distributed Computing Systems
- High Performance Computing
If you have any questions or technical difficulties, please email caseyd[at]alum.mit.edu & Anudeep.Nallamothu[at]ibm.com.
Last Updated: Sep 30, 2017